10 Reasons why you should study for a professional qualification…Certified Credit & Financial Examiner (CCFE)
1. Show commitment
You may have a degree, which offers scope for a range of jobs, but a professional qualification provides you with much better chances of getting a specific job. Commitment matters, and getting a professional qualification in an area of work you are interested in will show your dedication in that area.
2. Opportunity to Network
‘It’s not what you know but who you know’ is only partly true! You do need to know your stuff but you also need to know the right people. Today, people who know people run the world. Industry leaders who have direct influence on and knowledge of the industry you are entering teach professional courses. The people who attend professional courses are also usually mature, experienced individuals. The majority of students who enrol in our professional qualifications are currently working or have had previous work experience. Each and every student in the class brings another opportunity for you to network.
3. A professional qualification expands your skillset
Completing a professional qualification allows you to expand your current knowledge. Although you may already feel confident in your current abilities, having a professional qualification behind you will give you an extra boost.
4. It’s a pathway going up
There may be a requirement in your organisation to be qualified to a certain level before applying for a particular grade of promotion. This means that as you complete further professional studies more career opportunities will open up, giving you variety in your career choices. Being qualified for a variety of different positions gives you more chances of finding a job that suits your lifestyle.
5. Improves your career progression
Many employers support employees with time and money to study a professional qualification. If you are currently employed, you should find out if your company does. Completing further studies also shows current employers what you are capable of. It helps to demonstrate to them you are keen for career progression. Whether you’re looking to progress internally or externally, this then portrays you as someone who is persistent and willing to learn. This will encourage your employer to invest more time into your career and give you the opportunity to take on more responsibilities, leading to promotions and higher salaries.
6. Feel motivated and empowered
Aside from all these career and financial benefits, completing a qualification gives you sense of self-fulfillment and accomplishment. Benefits of getting a qualification will leave you more motivated in life as well as your career!
With a wide range of perks, it’s hard to deny that it’s worthwhile investing your time into getting more qualified! Overall, benefits of getting qualifications will give you an advantage in many aspects of your life and you should take advantage of any opportunities that come your way.
7. Landing a job and getting ahead in your career have a lot to do with the professional qualifications that you have. Without strong skills you will be left in the dust by other, more qualified candidates.
8. The best way to get some added credentials for your resume is to take professional qualifications that can give you some added knowledge in your field and will bulk up your resume. If you are unsure of where to take classes or tests or are undecided as to what extra certifications you would like, talk to us at the London Postgraduate Credit Management College.
9. Another reason why professional qualifications are truly important to your career is that they can enable you to negotiate a higher pay rate. When you sit down to discuss salary, explain to your boss the level of schooling you have had and how you have been certified as a professional in your field. This can be a big selling point in securing that raise or in getting a promotion in your current position.
10. Professional qualifications are a way of establishing yourself as a professional in your field who has extensive knowledge. Have such certifications can mean the difference between landing a great job with great pay and continuously losing out on jobs to people who are far more qualified. It can never hurt to get more education and professional qualifications that will truly pay off for your career.